Carpet tiles, also known as carpet squares, are modular carpet flooring most commonly used in commercial buildings. If you are contemplating installing carpet tile flooring in your home, you should be acquainted with the benefits that they bring to the table. Keep reading on below to find out what those benefits are.
- Carpet tiles are incredibly durable. When compared to standard carpeting, carpet tiles offer better wear resistance and as they wear, they can be moved to other areas of the home. Carpet tiles initially installed in the living room, for example, can be moved to a personal study room, which helps extend the lifespan of the flooring products.
- Carpet tiles are easy to maintain. Aside from being highly durable, carpet tiles are also easy to keep clean. You simply need to remove dirty tiles, clean them up, and set the tiles back in place. When a section of your carpet tile flooring becomes overly worn, you just need to replace that particular area instead of the entire carpeting.
- Carpet tiles are easy to install. Carpet tiles are designed to fit together like a jig-saw pattern. These tiles can be installed with or without adhesive. Most carpet tiles come with a self-adhesive backing are a do-it-yourselfer's fantasy come true. DIY home owners simply have to stick the tiles over the surface of their floors and the tiles will remain in place until it is time for removal. Self-adhesive carpet tile floors should be kept moisture-free to prevent premature failure of the adhesive backing.
- Carpet tiles can give an exclusive look. Another notable advantage of carpet tiles is that they come in different colours, textures and patterns, so that you can mix and match to create a look that is stylish and exclusive. The aesthetic possibilities offered by carpet tiles are immense and cannot be equalled by many other flooring options currently available on the market.
- Carpet tiles are warm and comfortable. Winter weather makes most tile floors like clay tiles and concrete tiles extremely cold, thus giving a cold feeling under the feet. Like broadloom carpeting, carpet tiles also provide warmth underneath the feet, making indoor living comfortable even during the chilly winter days.
If these benefits match your flooring requirements, then you can confidently make the decision to install carpet tile flooring in your home. If you have specific concerns you want addressed, you can talk to a carpet flooring specialist about them.